Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Front Yard to Table

So, I'm one of those people who takes pictures of their dinner and blogs about it.

Here it is.
This dinner is worth mentioning, photographing and blogging about because nearly the entire meal was grown in our front yard.

Garden salad, summer squash and fresh tomatoes with vegan sausage, plus sauteed green beans.

Almost every thing on my plate was picked fresh just hours (or less!) before I ate it. I have to say, that's a pretty incredible sensation. The vegan sausage did not come from the garden, and neither did the oil or some of the seasonings.

The salad features a nearly black tomato, which I'll share more about another day. I'll also see if Kyle is willing to share his vegan sausage secrets and other recipes.

This was an absolutely incredible dinner and totally justifies the gratuitous plate photographing/blogging.

Bon appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment